Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

Panasonic PV GS50 - urgently seeking accessory (charger/AC power unit)

Help!

Sorry if this is wrong forum for this query - please let me know if so.
    I'm trying to find out how I can buy the charger/AC power hookup for my digital video camera, a Panasonic PV GS50.

Didn't see it on Panasonic site (did I miss it?) and I'm wondering how somebody can buy accessories for this old camera. I can't use the camera right now at all. Actually, I have the part of the accessory that charges the batteries--but not the wire that connects from that charger to the camera, to supply AC power.

So here's what happened: I tried to charge my batteries, but I guess they were too old, too. In any case, the battery was too low to eject the current tape, and it's stuck in a "half-exited mode" (I put the camera into a ziplock bag, to protect against dust...but I'm also wondering if it hurts the mechanism to be left in this mode, anyway?).

Since I'm missing part of the AC power
    Please help let me know how I can get that accessory part. (I guess I'd have to buy the whole charger, not just the wire that I'm actually missing.But that would beat buying a whole new camera.)

Thanks very much

Brad B.

Re: Panasonic PV GS50 - urgently seeking accessory (charger/AC power unit)

take it to a good camera shop. they will have an aftermarket (or sometimes genuine) charger and batteries. they will sometimes have a battery charged that they can stick in the camera to see what is going on if there is a problem with the tape eject mechanism or not.

Thread Information