Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

Video editing software?

Hello there,

I need some help. I recently made a quick video with my new digital camera. It's a bit too dark though. I want to edit the file (it's a media player file) and increase the brightness so that I can send it to a friend overseas.

Any advice on what software I can download that not only crops a video file, but can edit the brightness as well? I mean, I can do it with media player, but the recipient obviously won't see the added brightness, so I need some video editing software.

Thanks.

--Sincerely,

Re: Video editing software?

Hi, I'm new to this forum... I'm a professional editor, film student, and VFX guy... so I can help you

First off, are you mac or PC? Second off, what kind of end goal are you lookin for with your video? Web, DVD, DV, etc...

This will determine what you use. If you are making a DVD, or DV movie, than any basic eding suite (Premiere, Final Cut Pro, AVID, iMovie, etc) will do the trick. Look up motion and color effects in your respective package. If you want to compress your video for the web, I highly recommend looking into Sorenson Squeeze 4, or the more expensive but robust Discreet Cleaner. Squeeze is generally much easier to understand, faster, and produces pretty good results.

Cheers

zoo

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughan Odendaal
    Hello there,

I need some help. I recently made a quick video with my new digital camera. It's a bit too dark though. I want to edit the file (it's a media player file) and increase the brightness so that I can send it to a friend overseas.

Any advice on what software I can download that not only crops a video file, but can edit the brightness as well? I mean, I can do it with media player, but the recipient obviously won't see the added brightness, so I need some video editing software.

Thanks.

--Sincerely,

Thread Information