• 12-22-2009, 09:43 AM
    goodneighbor
    Need dig. vid. camera to record for 1.5 hours
    Hi! I need a camera for a crazy situation--- our neighbor has been running their car alarm for minutes at a time, because they are angry at us.

I'd like to capture this on sound & video. I'd like to be able to start the camera recording at 7 AM and run it for 1.5 hours. It would be nice to have a sound and video camera... say under $150... so then I would have evidence to show the police.

It seems like battery life may be the problem, for recording that long. I really know nothing about cameras. So far for ideas---I've come up with the Flip Ultra(looks like battery wouldn't last that long) and Ipod Nano (crazy idea?)

Thanks for any input!
  • 12-22-2009, 10:59 AM
    Photo-John
    Re: Need dig. vid. camera to record for 1.5 hours
    I think you should look for a camera that allow you to use an AC adaptor so you can plug it into a wall socket and have unlimited power.
  • 12-22-2009, 11:23 AM
    goodneighbor
    Thanks so much! Great idea! I'll look into those. I never thought of that.

I'll check back to see if there are any more tips.
  • 01-19-2010, 10:18 PM
    cyrax037
    If the cam you get has an RCA audio/video out,(Most do) to connect to a VCR, you can set it up, so that the VCR records instead of the camera. That way, you could conceivably record up to 6 hours straight on SLP mode!
  • 01-20-2010, 03:18 PM
    Skyman
    If you have a look at this thread http://forums.photographyreview.com/...ad.php?t=58886 you might find some of the ideas helpful.