Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

Looking for HD Video recorder

Im going to LA in may and am looking to replace my tape camcorder with a HD digital one. Im not looking to spen more that 600.00 if possible, but I want a good one.

we will be visiting hollywood, seaworld, legoland, universal, and of course disney

I read some reviews on-line and Canon reviews seem really good.

I would like full HD, SD card style, I would like to be able to capture strobe flashes, like from a lightbar, and I want a size like the handycam.. no pocket size.. since i'm new to the "handycam" I would like to make the best purchase.. for our first family vacation

Learning more everyday! maplestreet's Avatar

Re: Looking for HD Video recorder

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-HF-M300-...687023&sr=1-21

There are folks on here who know much more than I do but it sounds like you will be using your cam for the same purposes I do, family outings. This is what I have and I've put it through the ringer and it's never failed me. From fireworks displays, amusement parks, motorcycle races, birthday parties and just making silly clips with my kids, this Cam is stellar and I believe it meets all of your requirements.

Bert
    Last edited by maplestreet; 03-20-2011 at 11:19 PM.
    Bert

Feel free to edit and repost my photos for critique if you feel so inclined! :idea:

Canon 40D
    Canon 7D
    Canon EOS Rebel 2000
    Canon Powershot SX120
    -----------------------------------
    EF 50mm f/1.8 II
    EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
    EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
    EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS
    EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS

Re: Looking for HD Video recorder

Every day more HD cameras are hitting the market, ultra compact ones, still cameras with full hd capability, digital slrs and of course the humble camcorder. If you go with a camcorder from a reputable manufacturer you really can't go wrong (panasonic, canon, sony, jvc, hitacvhi the list goes on) you may even get a good camera in a lesser known brand but you will have to check that the quality is ok. I suggest taking a look at our reviews pages. The link can be found in the reviews tab at the top of the page or in my signature at the bottom of my post.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Thread Information