Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

Help getting video back onto camera

My camera has better video quality when i hook it to my tv than my computer does playing the video but thats not the problem. I have been editing some of the videos and would like to put them back on the camera but windows movie maker converts the formats. I have downloaded a couple converters but cannot find the correct format to put the videos back on my Sony Cybershot DSC-w100. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Re: Help getting video back onto camera

I guess I should clarify. I basically just need to know what format the camera uses. Thanks

Re: Help getting video back onto camera

I have no Idea, but you should be able to convert the video on your computer to a dvd and play it back better. The reason you computer does a poor job is that it has to decode and render the video on the fly as it plays it back. In the camera, this is encoded into the chip which only has to deal with the files it created (your computer software needs to have the codecs for many different file formats) I am not sure with your camera but I have seen it before where once a file is altered on the memory card the camera will not play it back at all. save your movie maker files as avi files and then use nero or something similar to burn them to dvd.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Thread Information