• 07-05-2004, 10:02 AM
    mini dv tape to cd transfer
    :confused: I purchased a Canon ZR60 mini DV cam. I understand that to transfer my video from the mini dv tapes to my computer I need a dv cable with the appropriate pci card installed in my pc. I want to be able to place video clips on a cd rather than a dvd. What would be the best method to do this?
  • 07-05-2004, 05:35 PM
    Have you gotten the card yet?
    Most stores will sell the cable and the card separate. I would suggest the ADS Pyro line of PCI firewire cards. They usually include the cable with them. You can use the software that is included or if you are using Windows XP, you can make use of the Movie Maker software that can be downloaded on the MSN website.

    Good Luck
  • 08-11-2004, 05:31 PM
    Canon ZR80 battery question
    You can buy a Firewire PCI card for under $25, and some come with the cable. I have a question as well.

    I am about to buy the Canon ZR80 model camcorder. It comes with a BP508 Lithium-Ion
    battery. Do I need to buy this exact battery or any one that is compatible?