Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

Looking for a new PC monitor with TV tuner

I am looking for a new monitor with a TV tuner built in. I am looking for 27" monitor. I have a older Dell XPS laptop so I think an tuner card will not work.
    Nikon D3100
    Nikon 18-55 VR
    Nikon 55-200 VR

Nikon S8200

Re: Looking for a new PC monitor with TV tuner

Check with your local computer store, there are plenty of these around, although it might be easier to find a tv with a pc connector. If your laptop is older it would need to be a vga connection, although you can get vga to hdmi adapters so that also may be an option. As for your laptop not being able to take a tuner card, that may be the case, but it should work with a usb digital tuner. Having the tuner in the monitor won't enable you to record tv to your computer. Having a tuner in your computer (or usb) would, although you might also run into issues if your computer is too slow to process the image properly, or if you can't run the software. If your old monitor is broken then I guess the new monitor is the answer, but if not, perhaps a usb tuner is cheaper. Just check the minimum requirements before you buy it.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Thread Information