Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

Unhappy Horizontal Streaks on Captured Footage...

All of a sudden I'm getting horizontal streaks (on figures in motion)on my Mini-DV footage that I capture to Ulead Video Studio 6 from my new camcorder. I am capturing in NTSC, at 29.97 fps, from a camcorder that's used only about four Panasonic DVM60 60-minute SP cartridges--hardly enough tape footage for crud to accumulate on the record head!

What could be causing this?

Is there any shareware utility out there that can eliminate horizontal streaks in captured footage? (I'm using a Pentium 4 PC).

Thanks for any suggestions....

Re: Horizontal Streaks on Captured Footage...

are the streaks there when you play back the original tape through the camcorder to a tv?
    if they don't then it has to do with your computers ability to play back large interlaced files. I would be looking to upgrade your ram and see if that helps the problem. if you do get the streaks when you play footage back through the camera and tv then i would be sending the camera away to get it serviced.
    Let us know how you go.

Thread Information