Grainey - Orange

Printable View

• 08-26-2005, 02:48 PM
    Buckethead
    Grainey - Orange
    Hi I want to shoot a small movie - couple min long. I want it to be constantly grainey or have an orange/red hue - if anyones seen CSI Miami - like many shots there. Do u know how I could achieve this?
  • 08-26-2005, 03:16 PM
    Buckethead
    Re: Grainey - Orange
    pc softwear or lense?
  • 08-26-2005, 08:27 PM
    MJS
    You could go with a filter on the lense or one in your software. Try both and see which works best for you.
  • 08-27-2005, 12:38 AM
    Buckethead
    I a newbie to this - can you tell me a good softwear I could use or link me to a filter. Cheers
  • 08-28-2005, 08:04 PM
    Skyman
    for software effects adobe after effects (although most good editing software has an array of built in filters). for analogue filtered effects (glass or gelatin filters) cokin, hoya or B&W are brands to look at. You might find the effect you want will require a number of filters. (it sounds like a either a diffussion or sand filter and a warming filter or tobacco filter would be a good starting point) the axiom we were taught at uni sort of holds true, shoot it clean as it is easier to mess around with a well shot sequence than alter a poorly shot one, however sometimes digital filtering simply cannot reproduce the effects that careful use of filters, lighting etc can.

if you have the time and money try both. as each method has its own merrits.