Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>
    Junior bacon cheaseburger

Premiere Pro CS$ HD encoding for web

So I'm having trouble with the presets for HD video encoding in Premiere CS4 and Adobe Media Encoder.

The new YouTube HD widescreen looks ok, but comes out all choppy. Here's an example.

I used to use one of the Quicktime presets on CS3, but they aren't on CS4.

Is there any better preset i can use for small files with good quality? I know this is possible because i use a mac and FCP studio @ work. May not be possible on a PC though...

Is there anything I can do to build or download a custom preset to get better export quality from Adobe Media Encoder?

Is there a way to export through Quicktime pro instead of adobe media encoder?

Thanks,

-M

Re: Premiere Pro CS$ HD encoding for web

I don't have quicktime pro, but you could try exporting to full hd avi and using quick time pro to downsample it. Unless you have a really good render engine cs4 can struggle when uspampling or downsampling. Have you tried using the h.264 codec to output? it will save as an mp4, however there is actually a youtube preset and the quality vs compression is very good. I use it to export my better work to my iphone so that I can carry a showreel around with me, and it is the codec that is used by blue ray so it scales very nicely.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Junior bacon cheaseburger

Yeah I use the youtube preset, It has been giving me choppy video on output. I thought it was my video card, but it translates to web and other computers.

I'm shooting with a Canon HV30 in the 30p mode and editing in 720p 30 fps sequences.

I'll try it with my new 7d footage. I don't know what the deal is. I never had this problem with CS3.

For the full res AVI just use the uncompressed avi setting?

-M

It probably is your video card and or ram not being able to keep up with the data intensive exporting process. Remember CS3 used codecs designed for lower powered computers than cs4. You might have to experiment with which avi setting is best but uncompressed avi is the best starting point.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Thread Information