• 08-10-2009, 07:44 AM
    gooseboy
    Editing with with the HDR-SR11/SR12
    Hi, I'm having real trouble getting footage off the sony handcam HDR-SR11/SR12 onto premiere pro so I can edit it. I can play back the files using the software that comes with the cam (picture motion browser) but can't import them onto premiere pro to edit. Can anyone help me out with this problem?

Thanks
  • 08-10-2009, 09:20 AM
    Photo-John
    Re: Editing with with the HDR-SR11/SR12
    Can you give us more information - maybe describe how you're trying to import the video clips? I don't have a ton of video experience and haven't used either of those cameras. But maybe it's a Premiere workflow problem. I only use Premiere Elements. But I haven't had any trouble opening any kind of video clip from within Premiere. I transfer all the files to my computer first, using Windows Explorer. Then I browse for them and open them with Premiere.
  • 08-10-2009, 04:07 PM
    Skyman
    Re: Editing with with the HDR-SR11/SR12
    what version of premiere are you using? as far as I am aware only cs4 supports avchd and sony cameras are notoriuosly temperamental with their codecs. If you use CS4 and premier's media browser you should be able to import them fine, otherwise you need to convert them using the sony software before you can edit them (but in my experience this can lead to audio synch issues)