Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

Thread: dvd software?

dvd software?

Hey guys,

got this email from my tkd instructor...anyone have any advice?

I'm not sure what software would work best for this problem. I've convert PAL format to NTSC format videos, and I'm currently trying to use NEROEXPRESS to create a custom DVD with menus and all. I can import and design everything, but when it comes to burning the disc, it won't allow it. It's giving me a "transcoding" or something error.

If he knows of a software program that works better than NERO for this process/problem, it'd be great to know what it is and cost.

Thanks!!!
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Re: dvd software?

The OEM versions of nero (the ones that come with your computer) typically don't have the bit that will convert your video files to a dvd format. They can do everything else though, so if you have a program that can save video files in a dvd format then you can still use nero to do the job. Alternately you can buy the full version of nero and it will do the job. Personally I use Adobe Encore DVD which is a fully fledged dvd mastering program which will allow you to create complex menus (like the ones you get on commercial dvds) I also like roxio (or toast to the mac people) as i find it a bit less clunky than nero.

Re: dvd software?

Thanks. I will forward on the info.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Thread Information