Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

DV Camera Problems

Hey, My name's Chris, And i need some serious help from all you people here.
    My DV Camera, which i recieved only, 6 Months ago is having some problems.
    Everytime i Film the vision on the camera goes almost Pixelated, and things become with pixels or different shapes and lines. It's not a big problem, but i would seriously like help. Just to say the Camera has been damaged a few times, Dropped, and one button has come off the camera. It's a bit damaged but still works okay. It only goes like this when i film, when i take a photo its clear. an when i look when its not filming its perfect but its when i film it goes like this
    My DV Camera is - Daewoo DMP-2300 (Take 7)

Thanks for taking the time to look at this
    - Chris Torode

Re: DV Camera Problems

if it has been dropped then it sounds like it is a job for a technician. The ccd is probably ok as it takes still photos ok but the record/playback mechanism is stuffed (to tape) try running a head cleaning tape a couple of times and see if that fixes the problem (no more than 3 times) also if you have been re using tapes ditch them and try a new one. but if both of those things fail get it to a technician.

It's a memory card
    The camera has an internal one, and i got a free 120mb memory card - Sandisk

Thanks for all your help
    Chris Torode

in that case it is definately a job for a technician, unless you can upgrade the firmaware and see if that helps but it sounds to me like there is some internal damage to the pcb that is causing this problem.

Canon

does it have built-in digital effects? if so, check and make sure that none of them are turned on (in case you have something like 'pixelize' or something on)

Other than that, you need to take it to a technician.

Thread Information