DSLR with Live HD output

Printable View

• 01-11-2011, 04:10 PM
    brianc
    DSLR with Live HD output
    Hi,

I'm looking for a DSLR with Live HD output capabilities. I know most DSLRs now a days shoot HD video however, most do not list their live output resolution, in their specs.

Do any of you have a suggestion on camera's that would be able to have live 720p or higher output?

thanks,
    Brian
  • 01-11-2011, 05:11 PM
    Anbesol
    Re: DSLR with Live HD output
    My best guess is that all of them won't output a live 1080p or 720p signal WHILE recording. Of course, it could send out an HD signal OF the recording with the HDMI output. I'm not 100% sure, but I know that both recording and HD playback require a very large amount of computational power, it would be very inefficient to do the two simultaneously. In any event, I would be very surprised if you could find one that does.
  • 01-11-2011, 05:21 PM
    Chris350
    seems like a better job for a dedicated HD video cam.
  • 01-12-2011, 01:35 AM
    Anbesol
    Yeah, probably more likely, I'd still doubt it though. BrianC, do let us know if you find anything with such ability.
  • 01-13-2011, 05:03 PM
    brianc
    yes did not need to have HD live output and record at the same time. Contacted Canon. THe Rebel T2i is capable of live HD output through the HDMI at full 1080p and 30 fps. the T1i limits it down to 24 fps
  • 01-19-2011, 03:50 AM
    Anbesol
    So, do I understand you correctly, that the rebels are capable of recording and displaying live 1080p at the same time?

Anyway, if so that is pretty nifty