Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

First Video Camera

I'm looking to get a first video camera so that my friend and i can make short films. Our budget is 400 dollars however. Are there any video camera's that you would suggest. I was looking at the hybrid cameras with a HD but i heard they record to and unfavorable format. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post but im new.

Re: First Video Camera

The hard drive or the memory card recorders are the easiest to edit on the computer. The hard drive camcorder will give you true HD but may be tuff to purchase on your budget. The memory card until are mostly 720i or p and with a much cheaper price also
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

The hard drive or the memory card recorders are the easiest to edit on the computer
    Except the JVC Everio ?
    Seems it has its own file format, and its own application, which doesn't allow editing.
    It only appears to write to DVD too, no output to standard format files like AVI or QT.
    So looks like my wife bought a cheap, simple SD card video recorder - that is perhaps a little too simple.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Would you guys recommend the Canon FS100. It looks ok to me cuz i am unable to find an HD camera thats 400 dollars. Or at least one that is decent.

Thread Information