Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

Digital Video Camera NV-GS57GC and SD card error

I knew that this question was answered in many other forums including this one, but I could not find something related to my issue.

Recenlt I bought microSD HC 8 GB with its SD adapter to use it with Panasonic Digital Video Camera model : NV-GS57GC, when i inserted the card I received card error message.

But when I used (testing purpose) the SD adapter above on my Samsung Camera it works.

And when I read the manual for Panasonic model : NV-GS57GC it says :
    Do not format the card with another movie camera or any personal computer. This operation may make the card unusable
    Do I need to use special software for formatting ?

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...formatter.html

Although I could not find in Panasonic Digital Video Camera NV-GS57GC an option for formatting!!!

If SD card did work on Smasung and did not work on Panasonic ,,,Wouldn't that indicat there is no rpoblem with SD card memory itself ?

Re: Digital Video Camera NV-GS57GC and SD card error

Although I could not find in Panasonic Digital Video Camera NV-GS57GC an option for formatting!!!

I did find that option under "Card PlayBack Mode" , Menu > > Set [ADVANCED] > > [FORMAT CARD] > > [YES].

But still it gives me error message

Just to clarify - you tried reformatting it in the Panasonic camera and it still gives you an error?

Have you tried a regular SD or SDHC card to see if that works? Using a MicroSD card adds a second level of difficulty that I would personally rather avoid. Is there a reason you decided on a MicroSD card and adapter instead of an SDHC card?
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Just to clarify - you tried reformatting it in the Panasonic camera and it still gives you an error?
    Yes I did try that and still gives me an error.

Have you tried a regular SD
    Yes I did use SD 2 GB (belong to my Samsung Camera) and it worked

or SDHC card to see if that works?
    Do you mean regular SDHC ? If so I do not have that one.

Is there a reason you decided on a MicroSD card and adapter instead of an SDHC card?
    I though I might need to use MicroSD with another device If I have not used with the panasonic camera.

Thread Information