Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

Canon DC40 Issue

Hello,
    I have recently bought a Canon DC40 camcorder and I am using this for a low to medium quality production for my church. The camera is superb as far as quality and features go but I cannot figure out how to turn off the LCD on-screen displays such as Time, DVD status, zoom bar, etc. The reason I need to turn this off is because I am having the camera output live (not recording) through the AV jack to a video mixer and it looks HIGHLY distracting and unprofessional when I see the controls show up through the mixer and on TV. There HAS to be a way to turn off the display notifications so that they aren't being outputted live through the AV/composite jack.

Does anyone have a clue on how to do this? It's highly important to our production and it pretty much renders the camera useless to us if we can't get them to turn off.

Thanks,

-- Josh

Re: Canon DC40 Issue

I can't tell you where, but it is one of the settings in the menu. you may even find that the remote control comes with a button that says osd and this toggles the settings. either way it can be turned off. I would recommend consulting your instruction manual (I tried to find it online but without knowing much about your model i couldn't.

Thread Information