Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

Still a rumor...

This is still a "almost certainly correct!" rumor, but thought you might be interested in what may be coming.

"I just learned from my sources that the new A77, Nex-7 and VG20 will support the new AVCHD 2.0 standard. This means that all those camera (!) will be able to record FullHD videos in 1080 60/50/25/24p at 28Mbit/s! Do you like that? Wait…there is even more! All camera will support full manual controls while recording video. And you can shoot video in P or A or S or M mode! All three cameras were development having video recording in mind. That means that the new sensor and the new BIOZ processor have been optimized to avoid artifacts like the weird jello effect. And as I already told you the new 3 million dot OLED viewfinder will have a high refresh rate!"

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr5-t...nual-controls/

Terry
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

Re: Still a rumor...

Full manual control is great, but full AF is even better, and seems to be the one stumbling block for dslr's and video. The reality is that unless you are a very experienced camera operator and have either a really solid tripod or a shoulder mount, then af is going to help you a lot. pre focus is ok, but fairly useless if your subject is moving. Incidentally the Nex fs100 reminds me of a red camera.

I have never been the biggest fan of the avchd format although I have to admit my objection revolves solely around the idea that you are recording to multiple files rather than a container file like .avi or .mov which really only makes a difference if your editing systems don't properly recognise avchd but still...
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Re: Still a rumor...

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Full manual control is great, but full AF is even better, and seems to be the one stumbling block for dslr's and video. The reality is that unless you are a very experienced camera operator and have either a really solid tripod or a shoulder mount, then af is going to help you a lot. pre focus is ok, but fairly useless if your subject is moving. Incidentally the Nex fs100 reminds me of a red camera.

I have never been the biggest fan of the avchd format although I have to admit my objection revolves solely around the idea that you are recording to multiple files rather than a container file like .avi or .mov which really only makes a difference if your editing systems don't properly recognise avchd but still...
    They have had full Phase Detect AF for a year already. - TF
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

Thread Information