Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

Smile Beginner needing advice for moving video

Hey guys.

Myself and a friend have rented out a Sony A1E HD video camera for the weekend for a special project we are working on.

We have also rented out a Fig Rig , seems a decent brand.

We are trying to film some shots of woodland paths, picturesque country lanes, flat planes and the camera has to be moving through these, so kinda like a shot of what somebodys eyes see as they travel through these areas. The problem is, stabilising the camera.

The camera as you can imagine rocks and bumps even with the fig rig to help us, the end result is a shakey video which makes the person feel like being sick more than what we intended. We only have the camera for one more day - and thus I am asking for any kind of advice we should be taking in order to increase the quality of our footage. Any hints and tips you can give us on how to keep the camera steady as we walk through the areas, or a home made implement we can try to help keep the camera more level as we walk would be awesome!

Thanks so much in advance,

Andy

Re: Beginner needing advice for moving video

I am probably writing this to late, but either a crane or train tracks would be my choice

Thread Information