Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

Recomendation of DVD camcorders?

My pastor is looking for a camera for church, something to record outings and events, as well as a service every now and then. He's looking at something around the $500 range, and is easy to use, and edit. Good quality, and a good mid to low light recording would be a good aswell.

I'm putting together a list for him. I got a few SD/HC cams, as well as a couple HDD camera's, but I wanted to look at some of the DVD cameras, since chances are, is he'll just want to put it all on DVD anyway.
    MiniDV cams, really aren't an option, becuz of the trouble of getting them on a computer. If editing needs to be done, its likely going to be on his laptop, and it would be too much time and trouble to be worth it.

Does anyone have some recommendations of like, the top 5 DVD camcorders in the $500 or less range?

Re: Recomendation of DVD camcorders?

sorry I have taken so long to get back to you. I suggest that you have a read of the reviews section of this site as there are many excellent cameras that other users have reviewed.

Re: Recomendation of DVD camcorders?

lol, you didn't take long at all!:thumbsup:

Thanx, I'll have a look!

Thread Information