• 04-06-2010, 12:43 PM
    swatsi
    Advice on replacement camcorder batteries
    I am looking for spare batteries for my video camera as I will be visiting the US this summer. I notice that the battery dies on a long day, so I want a backup. I know not a lot about video cameras or of batteries for that matter :) .

I am looking for a battery for a Samsung VP HMX10 and I believe the battery model is IA-BP85ST. So I would like to find a compatible battery.

I wonder really whether a battery from another manufacturer would be suitable\safe to use, and also if there are any good suggested brands or retailers. As I have never gone down this road before I’m a little anxious that it goes on okay.

Any and all suggestions and advice is greatly appreciated.
    Many Thanks
    swatsi
  • 04-06-2010, 04:07 PM
    Skyman
    Re: Advice on replacement camcorder batteries
    there are lots of aftermarket batteries for most types of video camera. The trick is finding the one that fits your camera. Most good camera stores will be able to look up exactly which ones suit your model. There are too many brands to choose from, but one that I have had good experiences with in the past is Hama, although I think they are also sold under several other names.