Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Thread: xsi vs d60/d80

xsi vs d60/d80

Trying to decide between the canon xsi and the nikon d60 (maybe d80 with the right deal).

I know all of the specs, but would like to invite any real world experiences or opinions.

Re: xsi vs d60/d80

i've got an XSI, and my buddy just bought a d80, and i really like the XSI better...trust me i was up in the air too, but the image quality i think is a step above on the XSI....construction and build wise, maybe the nikon wins (granted neither one is sealed and weather proofed)....i like the way you can get around on the XSI better too...maybe b/c i'm used to it, but i find looking at the rear display for your settings is really nice, vs. turning the camera and looking at the top LCD display on the nikon to see what settings your shooting with...but that might be b/c i'm used to the XSI....one thing about the nikon, is that the ISO stops go in much smaller increments, vs. on the XSI it's 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600....on the nikon it's like 50, 100, 160, 200, 320, 400, 640, etc etc...it's kinda nice i think....those might not be the exact numbers, but there are more to choose from on the nikon....i wish canon would make a firmware upgrade so you can change that on the canon....it's only a limitation of the firmware, and nothing else....

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: xsi vs d60/d80

The question you should be asking is which system you want to buy into.
    I have the d80 and love it but have no experience with xsi or any other canon for that matter.
    See if you can handle and operate both at a store to see which one is more intrinsic in your hands.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Thread Information