Which wide angle

Printable View

• 07-20-2008, 10:54 PM
    SuperJ
    Which wide angle
    So i have a decision to make. A sigma 10-20 ex dc or a Tokina AT-X 124 AF Pro DX. I would use this lens for indoor shots (real estate) and landscapes. Ive read some bad things about the sigma but also some good things . The tokina has a lot less information on it other then Ken Rockwells site and hes a bit too opinionated. Im just wondering if one is better then the other and if there are any other options besides these two. I wanna keep it under 500.
  • 07-20-2008, 11:28 PM
    Frog
    1 Attachment(s)
    Re: Which wide angle
    I'm using the Tokina 12-24 and am very happy with it.
    I've seen shots with the sigma and see more distortion, vignetting, and pics do not seem as sharp nor the colors as vibrant.
  • 07-21-2008, 04:59 AM
    mjs1973
    I have no experience with the Sigma, but I have had the Tokina for over a year now. I LOVE IT! It's not my most uses lens, but it is probably my favorite. I was considering going with the Canon 10-22mm, but the price, constant f/4 aperture and the positive reviews steered me towards the Tokina.
  • 07-21-2008, 04:01 PM
    fx101
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mjs1973
    I have no experience with the Sigma, but I have had the Tokina for over a year now. I LOVE IT! It's not my most uses lens, but it is probably my favorite. I was considering going with the Canon 10-22mm, but the price, constant f/4 aperture and the positive reviews steered me towards the Tokina.

I've shot with the 12-24 and I love it, but when I had a chance to try the 11-16mm it blows the other ultra wide angle's completely out of the water (ok, maybe not the nikon 14-24, but since you're shooting Canon, it's irrelevant). Plus, it's f/2.8!