• 08-18-2004, 05:06 PM
    carney2
    What's The Next Generation?
    For the last few years digital SLR manufacturers appear to have been engaged in a pixel war. The guy with the most "wins." For my part, even after a few models took a peek at the under $1,000 market, I'm still not ready to take the plunge and trash my film equipment. Can anyone hazard some educated guesses as to where all of this is going and when we might expect to get there? How long until my equipment gets shipped to the Smithsonian?
  • 08-20-2004, 12:21 AM
    nickamado@sbcglobal.net
    Quote:

Originally Posted by carney2
    For the last few years digital SLR manufacturers appear to have been engaged in a pixel war. The guy with the most "wins." For my part, even after a few models took a peek at the under $1,000 market, I'm still not ready to take the plunge and trash my film equipment. Can anyone hazard some educated guesses as to where all of this is going and when we might expect to get there? How long until my equipment gets shipped to the Smithsonian?

I wouldn't trash your film camera for a Loooooong time. As cool as digital is, it doesn't come close to the image quality of even 35mm film, and medium and large format? It may take digital cameras many many years to reach them.

I also believe film still rocks digital in the length of exposure department. Try keeping your digital camera's shutter open for half and hour or more and see what kind of image you get in low-light set-ups.