Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

What is your opinion about this these lenses ???help me please

hi
    i need to buy a new lens for my canon 450D camera, but
    i am so confused because i have a little experience in lenses
    so please help me to chose a lens that may be used for several purposes , like
    landscape, telephoto, wide angle,sports .... and also that has excellent colors
    i face a lot of problems in photographing sport action or moving objects and also taking pictures in low light

1) Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM
    2) Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM
    3) Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM
    4) Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 L IS USM

especially how do you see the last one

Re: What is your opinion about this these lenses ???help me please

I can comment on #4 - excellent. I started with Canon (XTi) and then switched to Sony. I sold everything Canon except the body and that lens. It's just too much fun. - TF
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

Re: What is your opinion about this these lenses ???help me please

Those are all excellent lenses - some of Canon's best. I think you are doing well to buy an inexpensive camera body and then buy the best lenses. The 450D has great image quality and any of those lenses will get the absolute best from it.

You have sort of a tough decision if you only want one lens. The 17-40mm is probably the weakest lens of that bunch, but it's the only one that will give you a real wide angle-of-view with your camera. But if action is your main subject, then I would go with the 70-200. That's arguably one of the best lenses Canon makes and for the kind of sports I shoot (mountain biking and skiing) I can't live without it.

What is your budget like? If you have plenty of money, then I would recommend a three lens kit - the 24-70, the 70-200 and the EF-S 11-22mm lens. If money is tight, then maybe you should look at the Canon EF-S 18-200mm IS lens. It's not L glass, but I've been using it for outdoor stuff when I want to travel light and I've been surprised by the performance and image quality.

Maybe you can tell us a little more about your budget and what you're shooting. I feel like more information would help me give you a better recommendation.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information