Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

What SLR to get my wife....

My wife used to do a lot of photography, developed all her own work, worked in a photo-lab, all sorts of things. Then, she went to college, got a job, etc etc... etc... all the photographic equipment slowly went into the garage. Then I got a point-and-shoot digital and that pretty much took the SLR out of the picture all together.

however.... she just quit her job and is going to be a stay-at-home-mom.

She's all stressed about money, and would never buy a new camera, but I've got about $800 stashed away for a Christmas present. If she knew about it, it would be spent on "practical things", rather than a nice new camera.

She has a Canon T90 and a couple lenses, but she hasn't used it for ages and ages.

Now, where do I go from here. There are a lot of Cameras out there. I'm guessing a Canon would be a good call because the old lenses might fit the new camera... maybe?

Can you folks give me some guidance?

Re: What SLR to get my wife....

If the lenses would fit at all she would lose AF and have to shoot in manual. There are some great deals out there right now and a XTi would be a great choice, but make sure you get a lens for the camera. To get the full benefits from the camera you would need a lens that was designed to go on it.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Thread Information