Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

What Lenses are Avalible for Canon

What makes ( manufacturers )are avalible of lenses that will work with a Canon 20D looking genarally at fast lenses to use in low lighting conditions. Also must be autofocus, EOS lenses seem a bit pricey or can any one sugest a keen supplier. Is there a best middle and worst glass that are compatable with a canon

Re: What Lenses are Avalible for Canon

Quote Originally Posted by genko
    What makes ( manufacturers )are avalible of lenses that will work with a Canon 20D looking genarally at fast lenses to use in low lighting conditions. Also must be autofocus, EOS lenses seem a bit pricey or can any one sugest a keen supplier. Is there a best middle and worst glass that are compatable with a canon
    As far as fast low-light lenses, keep to Canon; Sigma/Tamron/Tokina etc. tend to make the more popular zooms. Canon EF 35/2, 50 1.4, 85 1.8, 100 f2 are all good low light lenses on the less expensive side. Check that, I think Sigma makes a 28 1.8. For the best quality 24 1.4, 35 1.4, 85 1.2, and 135 f2 are awesome but $$$.

Edit: If you want a zoom, I use a 24-70 f2.8 L all the time with my 20D at ISO 800-3200 for moderate to low light and get great results. Tamron 28-75 f2.8 is a much cheaper and also good option.

Thread Information