• 12-26-2004, 05:38 PM
    Hrom
    What file format do you use?
    I just got a D70 and found that I cant bring in a NEF raw file to Photoshop 7. What do you do? Do you have to convert it to another file format and do you lose resolution? Thanks in advance for any replies.
  • 12-27-2004, 07:33 AM
    another view
    Re: What file format do you use?
    Problem with RAW and 3rd party software is that the software company has to reverse-engineer it to get it to work. The D70 files can be read by Photoshop CS, but you might need to download the (free) update for it. The other option is to use Nikon Capture to convert the RAW image, save as a TIFF (or jpeg) and then bring into Photoshop.

If you have to buy Nikon Capture, you might be better off just upgrading to Photoshop CS, it should save you a lot of time. I don't have Capture (using a Fuji DSLR) and I know it does some things CS doesn't do, but for most situations CS will probably be the quickest way to get the job done.
  • 12-27-2004, 03:24 PM
    Hrom
    I think your right! CS it is.
    For the money I think I will get the CS upgrade. Thank you for your reply. I just got my D70 and I am new to digital. I have been holding out as long as I could. I just love a perfectly exposed chrome on a light table. But alas digital is here. OMG now I have to learn a digital workflow.