Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

is canon 400d good for me

this is my first digital SLR, i like wildlife photography
    any suggestion , my budget is around 750 to 800 $

Re: is canon 400d good for me

Sure. It's good for anyone except possibly motorsports photographers. Lenses make a much bigger difference than the camera. For wildlife you're going to want to be able to get in close and that means telephoto lenses. So it's actually a very good strategy to save some money on the camera body so you can invest more in lenses.

Do you already own a Canon? If not, you may also want to take a look at the Olympus E-System digital SLRs. The Olympus E-510 is one of the best deals available. It has built-in image stabilization and the lenses have more reach than Canon lenses. That will be a big benefit if you're shooting wildlife from a distance. I've been shooting with the Olympus 70-300mm lens and I love it. It's equivalent to a 140-600mm lens on a 35mm camera except it's much smaller and lighter.

But you can't go wrong with the XTi / 400D. It's just nice to consider the alternatives.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information