• 05-09-2007, 03:54 PM
    sherin65
    Using a Canon Rebel xti with ?
    I bought it for DH but he's been out of town on business. I will begin with "I have no business using this camera" and I know it. But, I'd like you to help me anyway. :D Please?

I took prom pics of dh and her date. I used the camera in it's automatic mode, I didn't mess with any adjustments at all. I like to put my pics on picturetrail for out of town relatives to view. I tried to load them and it told me they were too big(I guess too many pixels?). Can I remedy that or do I have to find another site to host my pics?

Also, does anyone know of a site or software where I can take say 3 different poses/pics and resize them to fit creatively on one 4x6 size print? Then I'd like to order the prints to use in dd's graduation announcements.

Sher
  • 05-09-2007, 04:32 PM
    Frog
    Re: Using a Canon Rebel xti with ?
    Do you have an editing program? Photoshop or other?
    If not, there is a windows "toy" that will resize your picture.
    These resizes are only for posting pics on the internet in places such as here. Otherwise your pic will be bigger than most people's monitors and it would take forever to open them for those on dial-up.
    For this site, they need to be sized to no longer/wider than 640x480 on longest side.
    If you use an editing program be sure that when you resize your pic to save it separatly from the original or you'll lose a lot of detail from the original and if you want to print it it won't look so good. Use 'save as' and different name for resized pics so your origianl is saved.
    There are programs for collages if you want 3 pics on one 4x6 but I'm don't know what they are. Someone here surely will.
    I'm also not familiar with picturetrail but there should be instructions for photo size and how big they can be.
  • 05-09-2007, 05:02 PM
    Frog
    Re: Using a Canon Rebel xti with ?
    Sorry! Meant to give you the link for the powertoys. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

Description is toward bottom of page. Download link is on the right.