Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Thread: Tokina Lens

Tokina Lens

I have a Tokina Af 100-300mm 1:5.6-6.7 I bought in 98 and was curious if its compatible with a Canon Rebel XTi

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: Tokina Lens

Welcome to the Forum. What camera did you use this lens on before? If you used it on a Canon EOS camera, it should work on the XTi.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Thank you! I previously used it on a Minolta (film) I was on Tokina site but they had nothing in there archieves

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

If it was used on a Minolta SLR, then no, this lens will not work on the XTi. Tokina makes lenses for many different camera mounts.

I don't know anything about the Minolta mount, but it may work on a different brand DSLR body. I know brands like Pentax and Olympus have some older lenses that are compatible with their mounts. Take your lens to a camera store and ask the salesperson if your lens will fit on any current DSLR's.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Appriciate the help Thanks!

Thread Information