• 03-21-2010, 04:41 PM
    Adgjqetuo
    Timer / Remote Control Question - Canon XSI
    So I bought the wireless remote for my XSI this weekend but it seems to take the picture right away which in turn takes a picture of me holding the remote - does anyone know if theres a way to have the remote activate a 2 second timer instead?

Also, does anyone know how to use the timer and have the camera take a defined amount of multiple shots? I googled it and a lot of websites say this IS possible but don't explain HOW to do it - I can't seem to figure it out..

Thanks in advance!
  • 04-03-2010, 06:09 AM
    Adgjqetuo
    Re: Timer / Remote Control Question - Canon XSI
    .....Anyone?
  • 04-03-2010, 07:30 AM
    mjs1973
    What remote did you get? Both the Canon RC-5 & RC-5 say they allow for a 2 second delay.

As far as defining a specific amount of photos, I'm not sure. I know I can do it with the TC-80N3 remote I have for my 40D but that functionality is built into the remote, not the camera. I don't know if they make a similar remote for the XSi. It may be possible to shoot tethered to a computer and have the computer programed to take a series of photos.
  • 04-04-2010, 07:40 PM
    ksbryan0
    If you have the RC-1 remote, notice that the power switch has 3 positions, OFF, ON and 2 SEC DELAY. Because the switch and the setting indications are all in black, it is easy to miss the different settings, and the throw between the first and third position is rather short, so you easily skip a setting you never knew existed.
  • 04-07-2010, 04:34 AM
    Adgjqetuo
    Oh - I didnt know the remote mattered - I bought the Zeikos ZE-WRC5 Remote from my local camera shop.

http://images.bidorbuy.co.za/user_im..._ze-wrc5_f.jpg
  • 04-07-2010, 05:09 AM
    mjs1973
    Hmm, that looks like a pretty basic remote and based on the price, and a couple reviews I read, it sounds like you are lucky that it works at all. If you need a remote with a delay, I would suggest taking it back and getting one of the Canon remotes.

Your camera has a shutter delay feature built into it. Most cameras give you a choice between 2 seconds and 10 seconds but I'm not sure about the XSi. If you put your camera on the 2 second delay mode, you should be able to use your remote and get out of the way before you take the photo.