Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Teleplan Camera Repair?

Does anyone have any info on Teleplan Camera Repair out of Hidalgo, Texas?

http://www.teleplancamerarepair.com/contact.asp

They are evidently the contracted repar service for some of the camera companies. They are way cheaper than Sony.

TIA, TF
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

Smile Re: Teleplan Camera Repair?

Hey Old Clicker,
    I do some consulting to Teleplan Camera Repair. (in their Dallas office)
    They are a first class operation. Repair is a tough business so I am sure you could find some blemishes on their record. I have been in the belly of the beast and I can vouch for them.
    They work really hard to make sure the repair is done right the first time.
    If you experience any issues with them, please email me and I will intervene.

Re: Teleplan Camera Repair?

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamH
    Hey Old Clicker,
    I do some consulting to Teleplan Camera Repair. (in their Dallas office)
    They are a first class operation. Repair is a tough business so I am sure you could find some blemishes on their record. I have been in the belly of the beast and I can vouch for them.
    They work really hard to make sure the repair is done right the first time.
    If you experience any issues with them, please email me and I will intervene.
    Thank you. - TF
    -----------------
    -----------------
    -----------------

I'm having a trying experience with Teleplan. I sent them my Canon 30d, which has an obvious tear in the shutter blinds. I noted this when I sent them the camera. I prepaid a 102 dollar and change repair cost for replacing the shutter, and now it's been over two weeks, and I can't get a straight answer from Teleplan as to what the status of the repair is, beyond that the unit is in evaluation.

I told the representative that if the shutter has not yet been replaced then I want a refund and the camera returned. Sounds to me like this is an operation where the blind is leading the deaf. What a mistake!

jayemmar

Quote Originally Posted by jayemmar
    I'm having a trying experience with Teleplan. I sent them my Canon 30d, which has an obvious tear in the shutter blinds. I noted this when I sent them the camera. I prepaid a 102 dollar and change repair cost for replacing the shutter, and now it's been over two weeks, and I can't get a straight answer from Teleplan as to what the status of the repair is, beyond that the unit is in evaluation.

I told the representative that if the shutter has not yet been replaced then I want a refund and the camera returned. Sounds to me like this is an operation where the blind is leading the deaf. What a mistake!

jayemmar
    Mine took 9 weeks from when I shipped it. - TF
    -----------------
    -----------------
    -----------------

I paid them to fix my camera and after three months of nagging them, they finally returned it still broken. I sent it back again and now it's going to be two months and still nothing. I looked at the Better Business Bureau link posted above for them their rating is a big fat F. I wish I would have checked them first. They say they have fixed 1.2 million cameras but they have an F rating with the BBB and when you lookup their website on dnsstuff.com, the site was only started last year in 2009 which seems rather fishy. I'd would not use teleplancamerarepair.com as it's too questionable. Right now they have had my camera and my money for about five months total and still nothing. The first time it came back it didn't even look like they worked on it. They were very rude too after they had my camera and they just give excuses. Good luck to anyone who made the mistake of sending their camera to them, if you can just get your camera back that may be the best thing. If it comes back broken again, there is no way I'd send it back. I personally think Teleplan Camera Repair is a scam and a fraud.

They worked hard to find now obsolete CCD for my Olympus Camedia C-5050. They were less $ than one competitor and returned the camera looking like new as well as repaired. Please understand the the turn around was not as they nor I would have liked-I don't think CCD was easy to find.. I am grateful, nonetheless, to them for repairing an otherwise irreparable unit. I doubt that anyone else could have been bothered. I had taken a chance on this broken camera at a local pawn shop for $10 as it has an unheard of f/1.8 lens and (f/1.8CCD). The features that are extensive. Would absolutely recommend them. Need to send them an email thanking them.

I contacted Teleplan Camera Repair after attempting to fix my own Sony, and there were all these tiny parts I could not put back together. They were very good! Sent in all the little pieces and they put my Sony humpty dumpty back together again. part of their repair included a cleaning.

"I liked them! I sent my camera to Teleplan camera repair folks a couple of days before Thanksgiving, thought it would be delayed because of the holidays!
    Got it back in less than 10 days! It's working perfect! Their site was more direct, found others vague in their offering to fix cameras.
    For me, too, they once broke and then I went to the site https://solderingironguide.com/revie...r-p2kc-review/ to buy a soldering iron to fix them. The fact is that they are of high quality and that is why I am there I bought them"

Thread Information