• 04-07-2009, 08:15 AM
    MadVlrus
    SuperZoom for Olympus E-520 / E-620
    Hey guys, it's me again asking about the Olympus cameras xD :P

Just wanted to know:

Olympus has a 18-180mm super zoom of their own, but does anyone know if there are any good SuperZooms made by a third party for the Olympus DLRs?

So they would fit the E-520 / E-620?

It's just that third party lenses are usually just as good if not better in quality, while cost a whole bunch less. :P

Thank you :)
  • 04-07-2009, 08:40 AM
    Don Kondra
    Re: SuperZoom for Olympus E-520 / E-620
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MadVlrus
    It's just that third party lenses are usually just as good if not better in quality, while cost a whole bunch less. :P

I think your assumption is incorrect, you do get what you pay for and Zuiko lens have quite a good reputation.

In the Standard Grade lens line up, a third party lens may have similar IQ and build but it's hard to beat the High Grade lens line up.

I did notice that B&H is now carrying a line up of OM lens with manual focus and Sigma lens for Olympus, see them at http://www.bhphotovideo.com/
    Cheers, Don
  • 04-07-2009, 09:36 AM
    MadVlrus
    So have you got any suggestions for a SuperZoom for the Olympus E Series?
    (The website displatys Page Cannot Be Found Error :( )

• 04-07-2009, 10:04 AM
    Don Kondra
    I fixed the link, hopefully that will get you to B&H Photo and then work your way to Olympus dslr lens, That will give you a list and prices for all lens that work on 4/3 mount cameras.

You choice of lens will depend on your budget. I don't really consider the 18-180 to be a super zoom. It is a fine lens but I would check out the 70-300.

Cheers, Don
  • 04-07-2009, 01:03 PM
    MadVlrus
    I'll take a look.. thanx man ;)
  • 04-14-2009, 08:28 PM
    Photo-John
    I've used the Olympus 18-180mm lens and it's ok. It's by no means my favorite Olympus lens. That honor would go to the Zuiko 70-300mm - one of the reasons I am so fond of the Olympus DSLR system. I recently discovered that it does have some problems wide open and 300mm. But I guess that's to be expected and it took me a long time to encounter a situation where I saw the problems. For the most part, the 70-300mm offer ridiculous amounts of reach in an incredibly small package. Usually I carry the Zuiko 12-60mm and the 70-300mm. Yeah, it's larger and heavier than the 18-180mm. But I have wayyyy more reach and I like the image quality better.