Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Prints from Canon 1D

I am considering getting a Canon 1D and I would like to shoot soccer games (including night games) and some other sports. Assuming a modest amount of cropping, will the Canon 1D produce high quality 8 -10 and 11-14 prints.

Some have suggested I get a Mark II, but $4,500 is a little steep for me.

If anyone has samples of soccer (or other sports) from a 1D it would be great to see these.

As always thanks for the advice and ideas on this forum. You are a terrific help.

D1

Quote Originally Posted by fotosteven
    I am considering getting a Canon 1D and I would like to shoot soccer games (including night games) and some other sports. Assuming a modest amount of cropping, will the Canon 1D produce high quality 8 -10 and 11-14 prints.

Some have suggested I get a Mark II, but $4,500 is a little steep for me.

If anyone has samples of soccer (or other sports) from a 1D it would be great to see these.

As always thanks for the advice and ideas on this forum. You are a terrific help.
    IT WILL DO ALL YOU WANT AND MORE.AND YES IT WILL MAKE A FINE 8X10,BUT THATS ABOUT THE EXTENT.ITS GOOD FOR ACTION,ITS VERY FAST,AND WITH A 2.8 LENSE,YOULL GET GREAT NIGHT SHOTS UNDER LIGHTS,INDOORS WITH A FLASH IS REALLY NICE.ID BUY ONE IF I HAD THE CHANGE.I SHOOT A D70.I LIKE THE 6 MP.I LIKE THE MARK II ALOOT,4500.00 IS ALOT TO CHEW FOR A BODY ONLY.BIG MONEY,BIG LENSES,MAKES A GREAT EXPOSURE.
    FREELANCE1031@AOL.COM

Sitting in a Leaky Dingy Michael Fanelli's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fotosteven
    The Canon 1D will easily do what you want it to. If I had the money, I'd pick up a used one. It was the first DSLR that I ever handled that felt like a camera is supposed to!
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

Thread Information