studio

Printable View

• 06-03-2006, 02:03 PM
    fatherofone
    studio
    this is my first post on this site. i am looking for a wide range of info. the first thing i want to know is, what do i need as far as lighting,space,and misc.to set up a studio in my basement.it is a walkout basement very dry with about 7 ft ceilings. i just purchased a canon 30d. one more question. is there a specific lens for studio work? i am using a 28-300 zoom lens. i want to do some artistic studio work plus general shots of family ect. i really appreciate any feedback. thank you.

brian.
  • 06-03-2006, 07:55 PM
    Peter_AUS
    Re: studio
    Have a browse through the Lighting Forum http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=11 as this sort of info has been asked and answered quite a few times in there. Basically a dedicated forum for this.

As for lens, you will need something from 17 - 135mm range, either a 17-40 lens a 50mm lens, 85mm (considered the lens of choice on full frame cameras), 100mm or 135mm lens. 70-200 will work as well, depending on what you are technically after.

Others will agree and disagree, it is always subjective to one persons needs as apposed to another's.