• 11-24-2010, 02:23 PM
    Photo-John
    1 Attachment(s)
    Sigma 8-16mm Super-Wide Lens Review
    Yesterday I finished my Sigma 8-16mm lens review. I've been enjoying it since the spring and probably would have continued to do so. However, Sigma decided they wanted it back so I had to wrap things up and cough up a review :(

Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM Zoom Lens Review >>

Condensed review: I love this lens.

The review has a whole bunch of sample photos and a video demo. If you're looking at wide-angle lenses for an APS-C digital SLR, you need to check out the Sigma 8-16mm. It's probably not for everyone. But if you like to go really wide, there's nothing like it.
  • 11-26-2010, 02:55 PM
    Grandpaw
    Re: Sigma 8-16mm Super-Wide Lens Review
    PJ, I like the way you let us see just how much difference there is between the different settings on the lens and how well it works. Much more interesting and useful, Jeff :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
  • 11-29-2010, 10:50 AM
    Photo-John
    Re: Sigma 8-16mm Super-Wide Lens Review
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpaw
    PJ, I like the way you let us see just how much difference there is between the different settings on the lens and how well it works. Much more interesting and useful, Jeff :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jeff. I'm glad you like what I've done with that review. And I have to admit, I am pretty pleased with it myself. I found the video demo especially compelling :)