• 11-16-2007, 08:09 AM
    lday555
    Search For New Digital Camera
    I own a Digital Rebel 2000 film camera. I have bought several lens, batter pack, and speedlight to fit this camera. What I need is a digital that all my lens and ect will work on so I do not have to purchase these items again. I need something in the 500 to 1000 dollar range. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  • 11-16-2007, 09:01 AM
    Grandpaw
    Re: Search For New Digital Camera
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lday555
    I own a Digital Rebel 2000 film camera. I have bought several lens, batter pack, and speedlight to fit this camera. What I need is a digital that all my lens and ect will work on so I do not have to purchase these items again. I need something in the 500 to 1000 dollar range. Does anyone have any suggestions?

First, let me welcome you to the Photography Review site. Stick around, ask questions and become part of our community!

I moved this to the Digital SLR's Fourm. I think you will have better luck getting answers to this question there, Jeff
  • 11-20-2007, 10:18 AM
    Photo-John
    Do you have a Digital Rebel or a Rebel 2000 35mm film camera? Either way, your lenses will probably be compatible with any Canon digital SLR. The only compatibility issue is if you have Canon EF-S lenses, which are designed to only work with the Digital Rebel, EOS 20D, 30D, and 40D. They will not work on any of the 1D cameras or the EOS 5D. But if you have a Rebel 2000 film camera, all of your lenses and accessories will work with any Canon digital SLR.
  • 11-24-2007, 09:25 AM
    cyberlord
    Any of the Canon DSLRs will work. Go price shopping and get the most bang for your buck. Buy the body only if you have a decent set of lenses already and save enough to maybe get the next higher model.