Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Thread: Rokinon

Rokinon

Anyone know much about the rokinon super-telephoto lenses. They all seem fairly cheap as far as cost goes but you can get a lot of zoom ability for the price.

Re: Rokinon

Are you seeing these on Amazon or eBay, Dan? In general I have a hard time supporting cheap lenses - especially telephotos or wide angles. There's usually a big image quality difference between standard consumer lenses and pro lens, let alone inexpensive telephotos. My recommendation would be to avoid them. However, I know people have all kinds of budgets and values and yours might not be the same as mine. Just be aware that a lot of the people on this site who spend money on cheap lenses eventually end up replacing them. Better to buy a better lens in the first place then to end up buying, two. That's how I look at it
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

I found them on overstock.com as well as ebay. That makes sense though. Thanks for the info.

I uesd a couple in my SLR days. No I wouldn't recommend them. The teles and macros leave little to desire.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Thread Information