Rebel Lens --

Printable View

• 07-18-2004, 10:12 PM
    ChaosCubed
    Rebel Lens --
    I need recommendations! I have the digi rebel, with the standard 55mm lens, and I'm looking to step up and add to my repertoire. Can anyone recommend a great telefoto?

Thanks.
  • 07-19-2004, 05:42 AM
    p220sigmans
    Kate,
    Most people will need a little more information regarding what size or range zoom lense you are looking for. Also a budget for the lens would be helpful.

I have the Canon 70-200f4L that I love. It is reasonably priced at around $600.00. It has great optics and superfast focus. Given the crop factor of the Rebel, it might be longer than what you are thinking of.

Posting a little more information will allow others to make recommendations that are more valid. Also be sure to check the ratings one here for any that you are considering.

Good luck.
    Terry
  • 07-19-2004, 06:26 AM
    ChaosCubed
    That's the thing - I'm so new to SLR's in general I have NO IDEA what I'm looking for.

I have used one of my friend's 300MM lenses, but that is the extent of my knowledge. LOL.

I'm pretty clueless on the subject.
  • 07-19-2004, 02:38 PM
    gmen
    The key questions are:

1. What is your budget?
    2. What are you going to be shooting?

That will help get the ball rolling....
  • 07-19-2004, 05:16 PM
    Liz
    One suggestion
    I will give you a link to one of Canon's excellent telephoto zoom lenses - a favorite of many people here. It's the Canon 70-200mm/f4. With the crop factor on the Rebel - the 200mm becomes 320mm (of course the 70 becomes 112). This is a great all around lens: sharp, beautiful color/contrast. Price is $549 after rebate. Excellent price.

the f4 means it isn't good for low light situations. However, the 70-200mm/f2.8 is over $1,000. Here is a link with all the info on this lens.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=183198&is=USA

There are many options - depending on what you will be using it for - and inside/outside, budget, etc.

Liz
  • 08-18-2004, 08:12 PM
    mikishots
    Low Light?
    The 70-200mm f4/L is an excellent lens for low light - I have some beautiful timed exposures. Or did you mean handheld? Pays to be picky - I thought you were telling me I bought the wrong lens.