• 03-12-2005, 04:37 PM
    natefromri
    RCA Universal Remote controls D70...
    Hi everybody:

I did a quick search and couldn't find anything, but I wanted to say that the RCA universal remote model # RCU410 WMS controls the remote shutter release on the Nikon D70 with TV code #066. I got this remote at Walmart a few weeks ago for about $10.

This may have been posted before, but I wanted to save this here too in case I forget the code and need to refer to it again. I think other remote controls will work too, as long as you have the correct code.

--Nate
  • 04-26-2005, 08:16 PM
    natefromri
    Re: RCA Universal Remote controls D70...
    Great! Google cached this page. I had to search for the code since the batteries died and it brought me right back to this page. Awesome! I'm out to take some night photos.

--Nate
  • 04-27-2005, 11:03 AM
    another view
    Very interesting!

I have to ask, how on earth did you figure this out?
  • 04-29-2005, 05:03 AM
    natefromri
    I can't take credit for discovering this myself. I found the information posted on another web site when I was searching for a remote control for the D70. I thought it sounded like a reasonable expendeture ($10) so I tried it and sure enough it worked.

Since I visit this site so much, I thought I'd post the info here. :D

--Nate
  • 04-29-2005, 08:49 AM
    OldSchool
    Hi Nate,

How big is it? I got the Nikon version ($15) from B&H. It's nice and compact.
    TTFN,
    Tim
  • 04-29-2005, 04:03 PM
    Revolver
    I was just wondering the same thing. And the Nikon one comes with a sweet little pouch that fits onto your camera strap too.

Of course, the Nikon one is almost too compact. Now when I lose it I can replace it with an RCA TV remote.