RAW Format

Printable View

• 10-23-2005, 04:02 PM
    Themage
    RAW Format
    Hey today i shot in RAW format with canon 20d, How do i save them to my harddrive?? I have photoshop can you use that ? How do i convert them to tiff
  • 10-23-2005, 05:10 PM
    JSPhoto
    Re: RAW Format
    If your card reader can't read them you will need to use the cable that came with the camera to dl them to hd.
    As for the manpulating them you can get plugins for PS, or use the software that came with the camera.

JS
  • 10-23-2005, 05:15 PM
    Themage
    Well i used USB cable to my computer. The box pops up saying want to dl to harddrive and i hit it and it says no images found.

I also tried canon EOS viewer and they show up there but cant save them or dl to hardrive.

i dont have a card reader as i usally just dl jpgs from camera to drive.
  • 10-23-2005, 06:50 PM
    schrackman
    I don't know about the 20d but my digital rebel came with a file viewer utility that lets you convert your RAW images to tiff or extract the jpeg. Ideally you should get the plug in for photoshop, then you're only dealing with 1 program instead of jumping back and forth between two programs.
  • 10-23-2005, 10:56 PM
    Themage
    Thanks for help i fixed it, I updated my version of the software but that did not help so i bought a mem card reader and that works great.