Question, please help

Printable View

• 01-19-2010, 10:17 PM
    Kymothy
    Question, please help
    Hello, we are looking to buy a new camera. We love taking pictures, (family, vacations, etc.). We currently have a Canon Elph and a Canon Film camera (nice one w/ a Sigma 75-300 lens that we bought for it). Couple of questions, please: is there a big difference in the Canon Xs and the Canon Xsi? We can only see a couple of differences in the description of the two: one has 10.1 megapixels and the other 12.2 megapixels. Is it worth the $80 difference for the 12.2? And, the xsi has a slightly bigger screen (3.0 compared to the xs with its 2.5). Both these cameras says the lens is 18-55. Second question, will our 75-300 lens fit on the Canon Rebel xs or xsi? Thank you very much!
  • 01-20-2010, 01:52 PM
    flyinion
    Re: Question, please help
    The Xsi also has more auto-focus points than the XS and a better burst capacity in jpg and raw formats. That second part means it can take more pictures in a quick burst than the XS. If you don't plan on doing anything with it where you will need to take a bunch of shots really close together then it's probably not an issue. Oh, I think the Xsi also had one more light metering type.

I was looking at both the XS and Xsi last summer and I did decide for me the extra was worth it and ended up with the Xsi. Yes your 75-300 should fit on either camera. I have a 35-80mm kit lens that came with an old Canon Rebel film SLR from mid-90's and it works on my Xsi.