• 09-01-2009, 05:18 PM
    Lou Frasier
    Question about Tokina AT-XD 80-400 lens?
    I bought the Tokina AT-XD lens for my nikon d60 and it is a manual focus lens,when i take pictures of anything,when I get it in clear focus all looks good after I take the pic,but when I download it onto my computer,it doesn't come out as clear as it looks on the screen of my camera,does anyone here have any experience with this particular lens and what I should possibly do to get better pics,,if I have not given enough info,I will give more,Thanks,:confused: :confused:
  • 09-01-2009, 06:22 PM
    Frog
    Re: Question about Tokina AT-XD 80-400 lens?
    No experience with the lens but are you shooting raw or jpeg?
    Are you doing any sharpening, which all dslr cameras require after shooting?
  • 09-04-2009, 08:54 PM
    Lou Frasier
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Frog
    No experience with the lens but are you shooting raw or jpeg?
    Are you doing any sharpening, which all dslr cameras require after shooting?

sorry for the late reply,long week on the road,I am shooting in jpeg and sharpening afterwards,they just aren't coming out the way that i see them when i look through the viewfinder,I have been trying to figure out if it is my eyes or maybe a setting with the camera or the lens,if it is the lens,I will dwefinately get rid of it and just save for a much better one,i like taking pics in the outdoors of the wildlife,but can't get close enough to take any pics without scaring them away,maybe I need to try a different deodorant.:D
  • 09-16-2009, 11:12 AM
    sheila atkins
    louie.. email me at jetskibich2009@aol.com if you can. i like your photos.. nice hobby to have!
  • 09-16-2009, 01:26 PM
    Frog
    louie, i find sheilas response questionable.

sheila, why can't you post responses here?