Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Thread: Need Help Asap

Need Help Asap

Hallo,

I'm wanting to buy DLSR..and finally today I will go and buy it. but the problem is I still don;t know which one to buy.
    I was browsing at best buy, and see some different one,some are comes with extra lense which is I think is a great buy (?)..
    I want to buy CANON T1I because the new fature (video HD) but I' mo not sure if I will need that feature since I already have FLIP.
    So I move to CANON REBEL XSi 12.2 MP, comes with extra lense CANON 55-250 mm.

I'm not a pro, I love taking picture, and enjoy looking at good pics.
    Please help..or maybe someone can tell me which one to buy other than those 2..my budget under $700.
    By the way..do we really need 15 MP in order to have great profesional looking pics?.

Re: Need Help Asap

6Mpix is enough to do professional looking pics as long as you don't crop and you don't print larger than A3+ (12x19 inches). Most professional pictures today are done on cameras with 10-12 Mpix.

It sounds to me like you're not yet ready to buy if you're still asking yourself these questions.
    Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

I agree with Charles. Maybe some more research would help before you buy.
    Not that your choices are bad but you should at least know the basics of using a dslr, be ready to fork out for some sort of editing program and look up things like iso, shutter speed, aperture, etc. so that you'll make a more informed decision.
    Since you say you are going to buy today and its almost tomorrow here, I hope you made the right choice.
    Then I hope you come back, share some shots, do a critique of what you ended up with and join the PR family.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

Can't help you between the choice between the T1i and the XSi - that's a personal decision.

Quote Originally Posted by newm
    ...By the way..do we really need 15 MP in order to have great profesional looking pics?.
    What do you plan to do with the images? Show then on the web, share small prints with friends, or create extremely large enlargements? For most, 15MP is more than sufficient for most applications.

I've sold tons of enlargements with a 6MP dSLR. I've had full-page magazine images come from an 8MP dSLR. Even sold 11x14 enlargements with a 5MP ultra compact point-and-shoot.
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

again this all depends on what you want to do and the resolution needed to print.

6mp is big enough for large prints 70x 50 cm
    and when the size to print is smaller the lesser the need for high mp camea's

look at a canon eos 300d or canon eos 350d with good lenses still good for today use

Thread Information