Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

please help NIKON D80

hi,
    iam new to this forum.i love taking photographs and intrsted in photgraphy.i use to take photgraphs with my digital nikon camera.but now i got d80.so just learning how to use it.iam not a photgrapher.

when i take photgraph with P mode , indoor, it always give a shaky blurred image.why so?what adjustments shd i need to do?and for baby portraits which is the best settings/

Re: please help NIKON D80

It really isn't a situation specific to this camera. I'd recommend learning the basics about photography including learning enough technical information that will allow you to get the kind of pictures that you want. Here's a good article to start with (specifically written for point & shoot, but it's still photography).

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Probably too slow a shutter speed due to low light conditions. P will select best average aperture and shutter speed which is ok for general snapshots in decent light.
    Try A,(aperture priority), and select the largest aperture,(smallest number), that your lens allows and see if that will allow a fast enought shutter.
    Were you using a flash?
    I also always recommend this site http://www.nikondigitutor.com/index_eng.html for new nikon users. Easier than reading the manual. Just click on the d80 and then skip the movie and click site map and it will give you table of contents...3 or 4 pages I think.
    I've had my d80 over a year and still use it.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Also, if when using A mode you don't get a shutter speed faster than 1/60 th you're still going to get blur without a tripod, monopod or some way to steady the camera while the shutter is open.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Thread Information