Pentax K10D or Canon 400D

Printable View

• 04-07-2007, 05:10 AM
    Kevin1961
    Pentax K10D or Canon 400D
    Hi. Firstly a big hello to all users. I have a Pentax K10D which I feel is a bit out of my league and is for a more advanced user. I have had this camera for about 3 months and have taken some nice shots of Planes landing with the smoke coming off the back wheels with the zoom lens 70-300 also birds in flight, stunt men on quads in mid air etc etc. The pentax seems very difficult to use for low light and night shots and seems to have no preset modes. The canon 400D on the right side has a dial with many pre set features such as Sport. Portrait. Cloudy days. Panoramic. etc etc. I am thinking of selling my Pentax and buying a Canon 400D which has the advantege of being able to by lenses from the Analogue cameras which fit the new DSLR 400D or so I am lead to beleave!. Can anybody give me some advice on this also any advantages on making this change. The Pentax has given me some great day shots but at night the object you want to take a photo of has gone by the time you have set up the Pentax as it does not have these pre set modes. Thanks in advance for any help. God Bless and be Lucky:D
  • 04-07-2007, 07:36 PM
    Frog
    Re: Pentax K10D or Canon 400D
    I have no experience with either but I'd think any camera is going to need more time for night shots. Turning a dial only tells the camera to use a larger aperture and slower shutter. I also don't think a night shot can be done well without the time to put it on a tripod.
    Again, no experience with either camera but I have done some night shots with other cameras and my d80 has a night shot setting but still requires time and tripod.