Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Olympus E-1 Sample Images

A couple of weeks ago a big box from Olympus showed up at the office. It was an E-1 for me to play with and test. So far the most impressive thing is the 50-200 f/2.8-3.5 lens. It's really light and fairly small, and it's equivalent to a 110-400mm lens on a 35mm camera. It's really impressive and fun to use. Both of these photos were taken with that lens.

The first one was taken through one of the office windows at a 35mm focal length equivalent of about 300mm, at f/3.5 and 1/125th second.

The second image was taken in the morning as the fog rolled back over the mountains to the ocean. It was taken at ISO 200 and the maximum focal length of 200mm, 1/640th second @ f/6.3.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Olympus E-1 Sample Images-_7140598.jpg   Olympus E-1 Sample Images-_7200625.jpg  
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Olympus E-1 14-54mm f/2.8-3.5 Samples

And here are a couple of photos taken with the "normal" 14-54mm zoom lens. These were both taken right next to the San Francisco Bay, in Foster City. I like the wide end of this lens a lot. There's not much distortion as you can see by the horizon line in the water image. And the color is really rich and saturated. Of course, I tweaked these a bit in Photoshop - I always do. But I had really nice files to start with.

The bmx photo was a continuous autofocus test. I was doubtful, but it worked perfectly. Shutter-lag wasn't an issue, either. I had no problem taking bike photos with this camera. I'll have to try it on the trail, but the bmx test made me feel really good about the action potential of this camera.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Olympus E-1 Sample Images-_7220675.jpg   Olympus E-1 Sample Images-_7220726.jpg  
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information