Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

No space on card

Hello, I am completely new to photography, and this question probably has a very obvious answer. Anyway, I have an Olympus E-520 with a 4 gb SanDisk Ultra II Compact Flash. When i first got it all, i was able to take 300 pictures or something like that, and now i am at 29 pictures left. I wanted to free up some space on the card, so i deleted a bunch of photos, but the number stays at 29. Any suggestions?

Re: No space on card

Download the card to your computer and then format the card in the camera and start over. - TF
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

I did that a while ago and it still didn't work. I dont know if i did it right, though. I have formatted it on my camera with nothing happening (it deletes the pictures, but says i still have space taken up) and then i put it on my computer and formatted it there, and it is still at 29 pictures

If it is still bad after formating in the camera, I would throw it in the trash before it really makes you sorry. - TF
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

Is this a SD card and is it protected? If you look down at it with the gold contacts facing away there is a little slider on the left with lock and arrow written on the side of the advert. Make sure the slider is next to the lock with the arrow and then format the card. That is make sure the slider is pushed towards the gold contacts.

Hope that helps.

Roger R.
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

I bet Roger is right. I'd forgotten about that feature since I never use it.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Frog
    I bet Roger is right. I'd forgotten about that feature since I never use it.
    Frog,

I didn't even know they had it until a friend asked for help and I found it a few weeks ago.

Roger R.
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Could it be that you by mistake changed the format from JPEG to RAW or to a bigger sized format?
    Also...dont know if your Oly has internal memory...if it does maybe you need to change the settings to store the files in the removable card again.

HTH

Thread Information