No space on card

Printable View

• 11-23-2009, 05:33 PM
    RightAway
    No space on card
    Hello, I am completely new to photography, and this question probably has a very obvious answer. Anyway, I have an Olympus E-520 with a 4 gb SanDisk Ultra II Compact Flash. When i first got it all, i was able to take 300 pictures or something like that, and now i am at 29 pictures left. I wanted to free up some space on the card, so i deleted a bunch of photos, but the number stays at 29. Any suggestions?
  • 11-23-2009, 05:49 PM
    OldClicker
    Re: No space on card
    Download the card to your computer and then format the card in the camera and start over. - TF
  • 11-23-2009, 05:56 PM
    RightAway
    I did that a while ago and it still didn't work. I dont know if i did it right, though. I have formatted it on my camera with nothing happening (it deletes the pictures, but says i still have space taken up) and then i put it on my computer and formatted it there, and it is still at 29 pictures
  • 11-23-2009, 05:59 PM
    OldClicker
    If it is still bad after formating in the camera, I would throw it in the trash before it really makes you sorry. - TF
  • 11-24-2009, 03:03 AM
    readingr
    Is this a SD card and is it protected? If you look down at it with the gold contacts facing away there is a little slider on the left with lock and arrow written on the side of the advert. Make sure the slider is next to the lock with the arrow and then format the card. That is make sure the slider is pushed towards the gold contacts.

Hope that helps.

Roger R.
  • 11-24-2009, 08:47 AM
    Frog
    I bet Roger is right. I'd forgotten about that feature since I never use it.
  • 11-24-2009, 12:17 PM
    readingr
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Frog
    I bet Roger is right. I'd forgotten about that feature since I never use it.

Frog,

I didn't even know they had it until a friend asked for help and I found it a few weeks ago.

Roger R.
  • 11-24-2009, 12:24 PM
    BlueRob
    Could it be that you by mistake changed the format from JPEG to RAW or to a bigger sized format?
    Also...dont know if your Oly has internal memory...if it does maybe you need to change the settings to store the files in the removable card again.

HTH